TEA Required Postings:
Student Handbook Statement
o Authority: TEC, §26.0081
Texas Transition and Employment Guide
o Authority: TEC, §29.0112(e)
SB 139 Notice to Families
o Authority: OSEP Requirement 2
IDEA, Dyslexia, MTSS, and Section 504
• Resources | Texas Education Agency - Provides families with information regarding IDEA, Dyslexia, MTSS, and Section 504.
o Authority: OSEP Requirement 3
Dyslexia Handbook 2021
• Update all websites, materials, static resources, and information available to parents and staff to reflect the Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update.
SPEDTex Logo, Hyperlink, Description, and Contact Information
• Post on the LEA’s public-facing website, preferably on the LEA’s special education page, the logo, hyperlink, description, and contact information for SPEDTex by August 31, 2022.
• Items to be posted can be found at the bottom of the SPEDTex Educator page.
o Authority: IDEA-B Program Guidelines Requirements
• Publicly Report (recommendation to post on the LEA website) if: Significant Disproportionate (SD Year 3) and upon review any revision of policies, practices, and procedures used in the identification or placement in particular education settings, including disciplinary removals are made.
o Authority: 34 CFR §300.646(c)